Dr. Awais Masood, MD
Dr Masood graduated from Allama Iqbal Medical College, Lahore in 2000. He received postgraduate training in USA.
He initially worked as research fellow at University of Maryland, with Dr Hansen in Obesity and Diabetes research center (ODRC). There after he joined St.Agnes Health care (an affiliate of Johns Hopkins University Baltimore, MD) and was awarded resident of the year. He received board certification in Internal Medicine in 2008.His interests in the field of endocrinology lead him to his fellowship at the prestigious institute of the University of the Florida 2014-2016.
Dr.Masood is board certified Endocrinologist and provides consultative, diagnostic, treatment and management of a wide spectrum of disorders.He is one of the few endocrinologists worldwide who has received endocrine certification in neck ultrasound (ECNU). (Registry of ECNU certified physicians can be accessed through AACE website - www.aace.com/ecnu and click on Registry)Dr.Masood brings home extensive experience and committed to provide highest standards and quality for patient safety. He has vision of advancing care of diabetics especially type 1 diabetic patients with introduction of insulin pump therapy and CGM (Continuous glucose monitoring). His area of special interest is thyroid disease, thyroid nodule and thyroid cancer.
Education & Training
- ○ MBBS: Allama Iqbal Medical College (2000)
- ○ Post Doctoral Research Fellowship: University of Maryland, Baltimore MD 2004-2005
- ○ Residency-Internal Medicine: St Agnes Hospital, Baltimore MD 2005-2008
- ○ Fellowship in Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism : University of Florida 2014-2016
- American Board Certified in Internal Medicine
- American Board Certified in Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
- ○ Najafian B, Masood A, Caramori ML, Mauer M, Hansen BC: Glomerulopathy of Spontaneously Obese Rhesus Monkeys with Type 2 Diabetes: A Stereological Study Diabetes/metabolism research and reviews. Diabetes Metab Res Rev. 2011 May;27(4):341-7. doi: 10.1002/dmrr.1192.
- ○ Z.Rajput and A.Masood. Finding a Forest Amongst Trees: Pulmonary Hypertension leading to the Diagnosis of POEMS Syndrome.ACP poster, 2007
- ○ A.Iyer and A.Masood. Fulminant presentation of Rheumatic fever ACP poster, 2008.
- ○ Endocrine Society's 97th Annual Meeting and Expo, March 5–8, 2015 - San Diego Diffuse Large B Cell Lymphoma Presenting with Bilateral Adrenal Masses and Adrenal Insufficiency Awais Masood, Diana, Barb. University of Florida, Gainesville, FL
- ○ Endocrine Society's 98th Annual Meeting and Expo, April 1–4, 2016 - Boston Treatment of Ectopic Adrenocorticotropic Hormone (ACTH)-Secreting Syndrome (EAS) with Combination of Mifepristone and Octreotide Awais Masood, Yasmin Khan, Hans Kumar Ghayee, SushmaKadiyala, Walter E Drane, Jonathan Strosberg, Richard J. Auchus, Edmund W Giegerich, Anthony G Saleh and Diana Barb et al. more at: press.endocrine.org/doi/abs/10.1210/endo-meetings.2016.AHPAA.5.FRI-441#sthash.l9dXlJQa.dpuf
- ○ AACE conference Orlando May 25-29, 2016
- ○ The Development of Autoimmune Diabetes and thyroiditis by the use of PD-1 Immunotherapy
- ○ Awais Masood , Li Li , SahzeneYavuz, Alan B Grosbach
- ○ Awais Masood, Anna Tumyan, Daniel R. Nussenzveig, Dara. N. Wakefield, Diana Barb, Hans K. Ghayee, and Naim M. Maalouf: THE DIVERSE CLINICAL PRESENTATIONS OF ADRENAL LYMPHOMA AACE Clinical Case Reports doi:10.4158/EP161595.CR http://journals.aace.com/doi/pdf/10.4158/EP161595.CR
- ○ Li L, Masood A, Bari S, Yavuz S, Grosbach A, B, Autoimmune Diabetes and Thyroiditis Complicating Treatment with Nivolumab. Case Rep Oncol 2017;10:230-234 https://www.karger.com/Article/FullText/456540#